Sunday, October 21, 2007

a.n.n.i.v.e.r.s.a.r.y

so we got married on october 20, 2006. which is one year ago from yesterday. that means we celebrated ONE YEAR of marriage this weekend :)



my husband loves me.

our fancy hawaiian dinner at roy's (to commemorate our hawaiian honeymoon...get it?)

WHERE we got two fantastic desserts (one on the house)...and i kid you not when i say that molten lava cake is THE best thing i've ever eaten in my life

we followed that up with an oh-so-romantic trip to the adult session of the los angeles stake conference...what better way to spend the evening ;/...what can i say, i'm never too celebratory to skip a chance to uplift myself spiritually :)

then we came home to eat our eagerly-anticipated year-old cake top. i had started freaking out around 2 p.m. that afternoon that the cake would be covered in mold, disintegrated in a puddle, etc. etc. after i had been so looking forward to having another stab at my fabulous chocolate-mint wedding cake (made by my grandmother, who ran a highly successful cake-baking operation out of her home in north hollywood for 30 years...i'm not lying when i say i grew up on her frosting), but all was well. it was a little dry but i've already eaten two pieces ;)

and then we watched E.T. on tv because the nightmare before christmas was sold out at blockbuster.

and THAT, my friends, is how you celebrate an anniversary. <3

3 comments:

Sarah said...

dude! we watched E.T. on tv that night too. i was exhausted sunday morning because we stayed up late to finish it!

Angela and Mike said...

Hooray, looks like fun...especially the molten cake or whatever. How did he like the presents. Way to be spiritually uplifted on your anniverary as well. Happy 1 year, hooray! Marriage is great. A heck of a lot better than engagement, that's for sure.

Jennifer said...

You DO know how to celebrate a 1st Anniversary. When Jon & I hit our year mark, he was in Texas (training for his new job) & I was staying with my mom in Utah. We got his company to fly me out for the weekend and we did have a lovely white-table clothed dinner at Yvettes. What I remember most now about the trip was puking on the front lawn while he drove off in a company van to a business meeting. I was pregnant :)