Monday, August 20, 2007

the rado

alright here's the deal.

august 3-10 i went to colorado. (brandon went august 3-7.)

we started out with a lovely family reunion for the good ol' coleman clan. brandon and i flew into the denver airport, drove to wellington (60 miles north...start keeping track of mileage now) and spent the night.



the next morning we drove 250 miles to steamboat where we stayed for three days. i also saw the hotel where they filmed "the shining." i also learned about the "timber line" and breathed very thin air.



we hung out by the pool, went for hikes, checked out main street and ate at an entirely forgettable restaurant.

then brandon and my immediate family went home. :(

i, instead, drove 250 more miles back to wellington/fort collins and spent the night with my aunt and uncle and small cousins. we watched pride and prejudice and had ice cream sundaes and basically it was quite enjoyable.

the next day my aunt drove me 60 miles back to denver so i could meet up with my best friend, brittany karford, who was getting married the next day.

we got our nails done and did general wedding prep and it was so much fun to be with her.

august 9, 2007 -- the big day.




britt looked fabulous, i got to go to the sealing (my first besides my own!) and i performed general bridesmaid duties. (by the way, 30 miles back and forth between the temple and reception site and home.)








the only thing that pretty much SUCKED (besides the fact that they ran out of asparagus before i got any at the reception) was that i was there alone. not knowing much of her family and trying to stay out of the two parties' union, AND being husband-less, made for a lot of awkward lonely moments.

overall it was fabulous though. the next day i hung out with her family and drove the 60 miles back to the airport to come home.

colorado is a beautiful place but much too spread out for my taste. <3


2 comments:

Katherine Fajen said...

I'm so jealous you got to go to Bratt's wedding! I didn't have the time off work. She looked so pretty! I'm glad you could go. :)

Angela and Mike said...

I hate feeling awkward. As long as Mike is with me then I don't feel too bad...at least you got to look pretty.