Friday, November 9, 2007

a word of warning...

OMG so you seriously have to be careful what you put on the worldwide web. i had heard stories of friends getting caught blogging about work or something only to be caught by their boss, but i had my own little "gotcha" moment last week.

the previous blog below about my experience with habitat for humanity was picked up by CurbedLA, a really cool local blog about neighborhood happenings and real estate development around the city. i actually really love the site. so they were blogging about the build, and somehow found my blog, and posted some of my pictures in their story! they even cite my blog as the source (which led me to fully regret the stupid name i chose for the blog a while back and never updated).

you can see my published photos here.

as if that isn't cool enough, this week in the golinharris western region's monthly staff meeting, i won the Golinnovation award for someone who goes above and beyond with a creative idea. my coworkers and supervisors thought it was awesome that my experience proves media opportunities can come from anywhere, especially when you are just living your life and encorporating current habits into your everyday activities. how hilarious is that!!

so i would just like to let you all know that you better watch what you post...because you really don't know where it will pop up! :)

2 comments:

Brandon and Erica said...

hi!!! So, I hope you read your comments, because I have just spent the last HOUR reading up on your posts :-)....and, I have to say that on your August 28th post when you put a list of things you missed, when I saw "erica" on the list...I shed a tear. Okay, not a real tear, but a "heart" tear. Anyway...I am SOO glad we were able to catch up and be bosom buddies again.....and, am even more excited that I am able to read your blogs :-).

Angela and Mike said...

Wow, crazy stuff. Basically...you are famous. haha. And you are receiving awards? awesome. Speaking of work...guess what? Nu Skin had a lay off again! Crazy. I'm glad I'm not over there right now.