Sunday, September 2, 2007

fight on

yesterday was an all-around great day for college football. although i did spend maybe 8 hours of my day doing activities that involved watching football...and that is a little much for me. geez, three years ago i couldn't even sit through a whole BYU game. haha guess that's what being married to a football freak will do to you. i'm even learning things, like about conversions and tipping and lots of things that are most likely common knowledge to the rest of the planet.


hmm our K key doesn't work on this laptop and i have to bang it to get it to come up. boo.


anyway we spent the afternoon watching BYU kill Arizona (don't worry, we just added a whole extra sports package to our cable so we can watch all the Utah and BYU games...hahaha), which made me very happy but made brandon cranky. (after the U lost so bad earlier this week, i think he hated BYU even more for having a successful first game.) it is sad to cheer by yourself.


THEN we went to the Coliseum for the USC/Idaho game, which consequently USC won by a million. we were in the 16th row and it was so much fun. the trojans are an amazing team and i love how everyone gets so into it...i've never seen so much red and gold in my life.

GO BAND!!!!

we were right on the end zone so we had a pretty good view of the trojan touchdowns :)

just so you know, i am not a traitor or anything. i was raised a trojan fan because my grandparents are alumni and have had football season tickets for 50 years. now they live in AZ but still come out for most games...but we are the beneficiaries of any tickets they don't use :) i love my cougs but i gotta say...nothing really compares to USC.
and now i'm off to the mormon corridor (a.k.a. idaho and utah) for the week to take my sister back to school and catch up on some much-needed cafe rio time. :)

3 comments:

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

Call me when you get in and we shall go to Coneys!

I love that you two are so into it! It's crazy how the all of a sudden it's 8 p.m. and you realize you've devouted your wholed day to college FB! But hey, it sure is fun.

That is so cool about your grandparents...what devotion to their alma mater.

Angela and Mike said...

Wow, that game looks like a lot of fun. I can't believe you left me this week...who am I supposed to email? Welcome to my life, football so weekend long. I actually like it though. I hope brandon has cheered up!

Linds said...

HI, you don't know me, but I found your blog randomly. I went to high school with Brandon. So will you tell him hi from Lindsay Paulsen? my blog is lindsnjeff.blogspot.com just so you don't think I'm totally crazy!