Thursday, September 27, 2007

work can buy me breakfast any time it wants

so it has been a busy week but i just got home and i am WIPED.

the business trip went well. i arrived at the airport sunday to find my flight delayed (what else is new) and eventually cancelled; we managed to rebook but arrived in eureka, california to find that not only had my suitcase not made it on to the new plane, the rental car place was closed so we had to take a shuttle to the hotel and then come BACK the next day to get our cars. (please see my sweet minivan below :)

to make a long story short everything ended up relatively fine; when you plan an event involving ten journalists, a private jet, three hotels, and a catered lunch stop in the middle of a deserted forest something is bound to go wrong (and of course a few things did) but overall i had a good time and felt it was successful. i put about 350 miles on my little minivan and didn't sleep very much. but who am i kidding -- not only did i get to eat fantastic meals the whole time, everywhere i went they gave me free cookies!
the best part was that i got to fly on the private jet home this morning. it was soo swanky...hot towels (like on the wedding singer...haha), fresh fruit served on a real plate, even free gum when we disembarked. :) then as soon as we landed a fleet of private cars drove up on the tarmac to transport us each individually home...my first time having a personal driver. lovely.

please enjoy the pictures below (sorry there's not more...i was so busy the whole time i didn't have much room for sightseeing or even documenting the trip much) while i go take a nap. four 14-hour workdays make me a little sleepy.
my pimp ride.
BAM. star motorcycles. what.
the jet in question.
just a lovely view of the redwood forest. beats sitting at a desk all day right?
in the private car.

2 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Fun! I love the pics, cool minivan. It all sounds exausting, I bet you are tired. I want to ride on a private jet...

Halie Daisy said...

So cool.. I love the recap of your event..you are a rockstar!!!