Saturday, September 15, 2007

not much new around here

it's the halftime of the U of U/UCLA game and my husband is dutifully cleaning the bathroom. :) finally the dark cloud has been lifted from the wells' household because the utes are actually winning and brandon is happy. i'm just mad BYU couldn't play like this against UCLA last week.


things have been quiet for us lately (or rather, i don't have many pictures to illustrate our recent activities). work has been super busy for both brandon and me -- my event is only a week away, and brandon was just promoted to account executive at ruder finn. he has been celebrating this milestone by doing important things like attending pre-emmy parties on behalf of tivo and meeting all sorts of b-list celebs.

i was fortunate enough to go to utah and idaho last week to take my sister back to school. it was a super busy whirlwind trip (we had less than 24 hours to move in rachel's boxes, empty her storage unit, clean dishes & do laundry, unpack all her crap and do the infamous grocery run...it was intense) but i had so much fun. after dropping her off my mom and i hung out in provo for a day and a half. i love utah! don't hold me to it but we really might move back there one day. i miss seasons, and friendly people, and the mountains.


even though we were so busy i was able to do a session in the SLC temple, have dinner with my MIL, visit with my grandparents and UT-residing family, shop at the BYU bookstore and lehi mill and great harvest bread (don't worry i stocked up on supplies! i think i'm set for the next year...or at least till we go back for xmas), and of course dine at the world-famous j-dawgs and cafe rio. YAY!
although i don't have many exciting pictures to represent the trip, here are a couple:
gotta love utah storms
only in idaho would you see a back of a car that looked like this (my mom contends that it represents some married children too, but i maintain that it is STILL a lot of kids)
my 87-year-old grandpa decided this year to put a fireplace in their basement. this was previously a flat wall that is now transformed into an amazing electric fireplace! (this one's for you steph :)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

wow! How fun! I miss Utah too...I never thought I would say that. But I love having 4 seasons (like you said). Cool pictures. I love the fireplace!!! Grandpa did an awesome job!!!!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

So sad I didn't get to see you. :( But nonetheless, I'm happy you had a great time.

Congrats on the promotion, Brandon!

Angela and Mike said...

I'm glad Brandon is happy for the U. congrats on his promotion...that is exciting. I hope he doesn't get cocky from meeting all those celebs :)

Halie Daisy said...

Congratulations to Brandon!!!

Elder Bryan Carpenter said...

Hey, Brandon and I have the same Saturday job (cleaning the bathroom). Does he vacuum, too!?