Thursday, June 10, 2010

current events

just wanted to say it's been a good week around here. i've had an out-of-the-house activity every day [the secret to keeping lyndsey sane] and i think i'm getting over my guilt from not working full-time, because i can now enjoy my quiet home days without feeling stressed. plus b gets the day off tomorrow so i am taking the day off too [ha...like i need to get it approved or something] and we have fun plans.

in the world of current events, i wanted to point out that utah valley is THE celeb hotspot these days. this amuses me because i don't really love UV, but now that i'm gone and it's swarming with paparazzi i think it's a tiny bit better. first gary coleman dies there, now larry king's wife has a suicide attempt in provo [for more details just visit tmz.com for the scoop...and remind me to tell you sometime about how my mom grew up w/ larry's wifey and does NOT like her. haha. also i saw larry at church one time when i was like 14 and i was already a foot taller than him.]

in wells' fam current events, our carseat is officially installed in the back seat. yesterday i even got it approved by the local fire department. did you know they do official carseat installations? i swear, parenthood is teaching us something new every day. i do feel pretty legit driving around town with a carseat base strapped into my back seat. come any day, baby!

also, in my ongoing attempt to capture the colorado sky, i took my camera outside one night while b was gone.



it's funny, we live in a very urban area just across from a giant business park, but our town still happens to be on the outskirts of civilization. we love to go for walks and check out the prairie-lands right next door. i can even see cows out my kitchen window, which amuses me to no end:



this guy was literally 10 feet from me, just checking things out. i never saw cows anywhere except norco when i was growing up, so this is new and different for me.



annnnd that's the latest from the colorado camp. now if you'll excuse me i'm off to eat a popsicle and go to target because that's what i do pretty much every afternoon.

5 comments:

jess and lacy said...

haha i remember i was addicted to popsicles too...

Angela and Mike said...

YES, you've figured out the art of staying home...you need to still get out of the house at least once a day! It totally keeps you sane. Colton and I get out every morning before his nap. When he was a newborn, we'd just go out for a walk to a friends house or something.

Thanks for the update. I never got my carseat officially installed...whoops. I made sure it was realllly tight in there though...

Anonymous said...

I love that you can see cows out your window! Haha. Talk about living on the edge. Is it time for you to move back yet??

And yes, we always love recommendations on where to eat! We are going to BJs with our friends for sure. That's tradition. But any other recommendations are welcome! :)

Danielle said...

umm hi.....I just have to personally thank you for a post that involved Gary Coleman, church and carseats all in one. That's all....I miss you

Jean said...

Lyndsey, you have THE LIFE!!! Bonding with cows, eating popsicles, going to Target... Can I be you for a day?? Haha!