Friday, September 19, 2008

salzburger

today we arrived to a sunny and WARM salzburg!! yes, that means tomorrow i will be taking part in a lifelong dream of the official sound of music tour.

cant. wait.

in the meantime i am typing this from a laundromat-internet cafe hybrid shop in a dirty mini mall. we are doing laundry and i was desperate for my gmail. i have exactly 14 minutes to finish this post and read all about baby vandermyde on my google reader before im shut down.

we are staying in a delightful farmhouse just outside the city, complete with cows, tons of green fields and a beautiful room (plus the cleanest bathroom ive seen yet in europe). unfortunately not complete due to lack of internet.

and while im whining, can i just say that europeans are wack. two things i thought were completely free to the human race -- water and peeing -- are two things that are CHARGED for here. and not just a little -- it costs more to order a glass of tap water than it does for a glass of oj. not to mention they then serve it to you in a shot glass. and ive had to pay twice to use the bathroom, both times which were totally disgusting. youd think the money would go to good use.

pray i find free wi fi soon :(

5 comments:

dana said...

I can't believe you're staying on a farm in the middle of Germany. How cool!
I hope you find wifi soon too. And the bathrooms...seriously gross.
In Amsterdam there were (I kid you not) public urinals OUT IN THE OPEN. It was the 4 way stall just sitting in the middle of the sidewalk and guys could just walk up and do their business. So discusting. I'll have to find the pictures somewhere.
Let your fun continue!

Angela and Mike said...

WEIRD for paying to go to the bathroom. Do they time you too?

schnazdoodle said...

If you hit Vienna, go to the Hunderwasserhaus and you can pay to use the "toilet of modern art". It's absurd. Peeing is not free anywhere in Europa.

Salzburg is beautiful -- I have TONS of pictures of the garden they danced around in in the movie -- but I thought it was boring. Most of our time there was spent goofing off in front of a church... :)

jess and lacy said...

hey lynds...i dont know when you're coming home, but you will prob get so annoyed because i have left you a ton...of messages:
1. I heard about the horrible train crash near LA and I was hopin that you were not dead, so I texted and texted...no response...then I called and no response...so ya, I was a bit freaked out, but my sister of all people reminded me that you were in EUROPE for heaven sake and that you were free from any bodily damage :-)
2. Kirsten got married today, and guess who sealed them...MERRIL J BATEMAN!!!! I was thinkin of you when he walked in and trust me I was drooling for the both of us!!! haha..well i miss you, call me when you get back! I hope that you're having so much fun!

Tyson and Heather said...

a farmhouse?! how enchanting. love! yeah, 2 things to definitely NOT pay for, grrrrrr.