Sunday, March 9, 2008

a weekend in arizona and a crappy homecoming

so last week brandon found out he needed to go to scottsdale AZ on friday to staff a nintendo event, but his boss said i could go too (as long as i paid my own way of course). we have family on both sides in the greater phoenix area, and we've been in dire need of a little non-work couple time, so we decided to make a long weekend out of it and spontaneously booked tickets to the valley of the sun.


LOL...he's much cooler than this is real life, i swear :)

(i was pretty stoked to be going to a warm place...imagine my surprise when it turned out to be warmer in so cal this weekend than it was in AZ. sad face.)



we stayed at a nice hotel for the event, the scottsdale plaza hotel. it was pretty and had a bunch of resident rabbits running around...so cute. brandon staffed a video game tournament for a new baseball game for the wii...it was open for viewing to the public, but everyone who participated in the tourney were MLB players in town for spring training. i'm not a huge baseball person (i like to say i have enough room in my brain for knowledge of only one sport, and these days it's still football) but ESPN was there and i'm guessing lots of these guys are famous. it was fun.



we spent the rest of the weekend visiting my grandparents, aunt & uncle, and brandon's aunt & uncle. we had a lot of fun...and we are definitely considering making AZ our future home (or at least for a while, if brandon's plan to go to ASU for MBA school hold true).

so tonight we flew home...we actually left AZ on time (on time flights are rare for me these days), the plane caught one of those tailwind things and we got home earlier than planned, i was so happy to have time to unwind tonight before work tomorrow...and when we reached our car in the parking lot we found this:



yep, that's my back windshield, totally shattered. AWESOME. welcome home.

p.s. i already know this week will be nuts so please don't be offended if i don't return your emails promptly, friends. i do miss you all though!!! xoxo

7 comments:

Courtney Ransom said...

That is just poopy! I'm sorry, friend! Yes, we got the Wii, and we are loving it! We got Carnival Games, so a game night will have to happen soon so you guys can check it out. Welcome home! Glad you had fun in AZ, and soooo sorry to hear about your car! :o(

Angela and Mike said...

NO WAY! That is totally lame! I guess someone hit it in with something? Ugh. How were you able to drive home? I'm glad the rest of the trip went well....

Brandon and Erica said...

Oh no! I was so excited for your fun weekend....rubbin shoulders with A-list Bballers (baseball, that is)...and then, your last picture just ruined it. SO, I can imagine your dismay.
I mean, great weekend with B-man in AZ and then come back to a broken window? Really? Who does that?

I'm sorry, bud. I'll keep you in my hope-she-makes-it-through-the-week prayers.

Rebecs said...

Shut up! What a horrible homecoming. Did someone break in or was it just the shattered back windshield? Either way, still crappy! Hope your week goes better.

Emily said...

That is crazy! It looks like someone hit a ball into your car!

Best Worst Movie said...

Just happened upon your blog. I love that you were featured in Real Simple and all from pitching yourself. True brilliance of a PR person. Mike and I were just saying "we need to have Lyndsey and Brandon over for dinner".. then I saw your blog and thought... "they need to have us over for dinner".. because you have recipes on your blog which means you have them at your house which means you are a step a head of me.

LAURA and ELIZA said...

OH! I'm so sorry about your car! That's awful! Don't you love people sometimes.