Sunday, March 2, 2008

lame

so in january i wrote something like 16 posts...and in feb i wrote like 7. and i'm thinking march won't be too much more exciting than that. haha. we have just been SO BUSY. i always thought people who said they were too busy to get things done just weren't working hard enough -- HA! life decided to smack me upside the head with some irony.

one thing that's been going on (anxiety & migraine-causing type of going ons, nothing exciting) is sort of still secret and i can't really post about it. maybe i'll have updates on that for you soon.

in other news, brandon and i have become workaholics and it sucks. thank heaven for weekends is all i have to say about that. my engaged sister was down for a few days so yesterday we went wedding dress shopping and i am proud to report that she beat my previous wedding bargain deal: $75 at the jessica mcclintock outlet! (my wedding dress was $99, but hers will need altering and sleeves put on so i still win :)

next weekend we are spontaneously going to arizona so i'll have more on that soon. today was our second-to-last sunday in our ward (after not being there for three weeks...i like to say we're phasing ourselves out :) and i am seriously going to miss it. we have just met the most awesome, loving people there and it has truly been a great experience. and now i can say i have friends from every continent :)

by popular demand, here's the recipe for my chocolate molten lava cake. FYI i have another very tenacious baking project in the works this week so stay tuned!

CHOCOLATE MOLTEN LAVA CAKE

prep time: 15 min.
total time: 29 min.

ingredients:
4 squares Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 c. butter
1 c. powdered sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
6 tbsp. flour

preheat oven to 425. butter 4 (3/4 c.) custard cups or souffle dishes; place on baking sheet.

microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl 1 min. or until butter is melted. stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted. stir in sugar until well blended; whisk in eggs and egg yolks. stir in flour. divide batter between prepared custard cups.

bake 13 to 14 min. or until sides are firm but centers are soft. run a knife around cakes to loosen; invert dessert dishes. serve immediately.

(side note: i was really nervous to make these as they are our FAVE dessert. i've eaten these babies at a variety of upscale restaurants in my day and brandon and i consider ourselves connoiseurs, so there was a lot riding on it. the cakes did NOT stay in tact when i flipped them, even though i sacrificed my fingerprints to hold the scalding hot bowls upside down, but they tasted amazing. so that's really all that matters right? good luck if you make them -- let me know how they turn out!)

4 comments:

Emily said...

I am excited to see what the news is! Way to leave us all anticipating!

Brandon and Erica said...

Welcome back. And, yes...I noticed that your February posts weren't as consistent as your January posts. And, I have been in withdrawals...I hope you're not phasing yourself out of blogging too! :-)
And...good job to Rach...wow, cheap wedding dress. I am sure Mama Payzant is proud of her bargain-daughters.
Also, I feel like it's unfair that you would say you have something great to post about, but it's a secret right now. That's like me saying, "Oh, guess what?!" "Oh, nevermind...I can't say anything."
UNFAIR!
But, I'll practice being patient.

Angela and Mike said...

along with the less blog posts...you also probably onlky wrote me 2 times this whole month! haha. It's okay though, I understand...you still need to call me to talk to me about your issues that can't be discussed on blogs.

Megan said...

LYNDSEY!!! You are leaving people to interpret your criptic message as BIG NEWS! You stinker, just tell us. PS Thank you thank you for the recipe, I am SO going to try it, but what the heck are custard cups? where do you get them?