Saturday, January 5, 2008

home for the holidays

well, not really home, but close enough. as previously mentioned i'm quite proud of how i held up during my first christmas away from my fam. i only cried twice the whole week.

utah (or shall we say inlaws-for-TEN-DAYS-straight) turned out great. we saw a lot of family, ate a lot of food (i was there 36 hours before going to cafe rio...which should be really impressive because 24 of those hours were on a sunday), did a lot of shopping, watched a lot of movies.

i thought i was going to go crazy around christmas eve because all we did was SIT. i haven't had a day with six consecutive hours of unplanned, unstructured time in possibly years, and i didn't handle it so well...but by the end i was a relaxed happy girl.

i wish i had more pictures to go along with this post but i don't :( but really, aside from skiing (which you already know about) and my visit to tai pan, you pretty much have the highlights.

did i mention it snowed like six inches while we were there?



i also got to stop and see my wonderful grandparents on our way out. i love them!!! my grandpa is almost 88 and just built a fireplace in their basement from scratch. grandma is 86 and can still cook and decorate a table like nobody's business.



(don't mind the byu shirt...i was still wearing it with pride after defending myself in a completely ute home while watching byu barely win their bowl game :)

here's something i have pictures of! two days before we left, my family came out for our traditional holiday outing to lawry's and to open presents. for those of you unfamiliar (or who know it as only seasoning salt), lawry's is a fabulous prime rib restaurant in bev hills (a couple other locations too...las vegas, chicago etc.). their food is AMAZING and my whole family goes for christmas, all dressed up.

grammie & grandad, mom & dad, me & brandon (rachel and grant were there too but no one wants your picture if you're not married...LOL):





and that's all. now that my house is all naked-looking and the holiday excitement is over, i guess it's time to get back to work :(

3 comments:

Brandon and Erica said...

Great. Thank you for notifying me of your blog-posts, since I adamantly oppose to subscribing to googlereader, in fear of becoming a true-addict. Besides, it is MUCH more personal to get a personal note than from some strange google service.

You can bet your bottom-dollar that the SECOND I got your email, I was on this blog like a flooglefly on a flyhorse (sorry, had to throw in a "Grinch" line).

And, as is my nature, I have a few things to comment on:
1- Glad you wore your BYU shirt for the sweetest bowl game ever!
2- Wish you would post a pic with your cute cowboy boots
3- I used my iPod at the gym too, and I felt so cool because my headphones were WHITE! (I've been using the free ones you get from SouthWest Airlines...not a good idea)
4- You look HOT in your picture at Lawry's
5- MISS YOU!

Angela and Mike said...

yeah for the post! I loved it, pictures and all. Only married couples SHOULD deserve a picture. haha. I'm glad you are learning how to work your ipod and I'm ESPECIALLY glad that you sported your BYU shirt. BYU pride baby!

Miss you.

Sarah Turpin said...

I am so happy you found me!! It was so fun to hear from you and to see what you are up too. You look just beauitful as ever!