Sunday, January 27, 2008

president hinckley

if you know me, you probably know i have long had a freakishly unique love for president gordon b. hinckley, the prophet and president of the mormon church. he is the cutest little old man and the strongest, best example of Christ that i have seen.

so you'll most likely understand that i was sad to hear tonight that he has passed away at the ripe old age of 97. i'll save my emotions and extended thoughts on him and this occurrence for my journal, but i want to say that i am so grateful for his life and everything he accomplished for the church in the past almost-13 years he has been prophet.

one of the things i love most about this church is its order...president hinckley is gone but president monson will fall right into place as his successor and we will move on...and i will never forget the impact he had on my life.



gordon b. hinckley
1910-2008

4 comments:

Nat said...

: (

Angela and Mike said...

He has been the prophet for the majority of my life. I can't believe he's gone now. I know he's in a better place with his wife...and probably so happy to see her. I bet he had quite the welcome home!

Brandon and Erica said...

I knew you would come through and pay tribute. When I heard the news about our beloved Prophet, my thoughts turned to you. I am sad of his passing...and I cried to hear the news. But I knew you had a special (almost stalkerish) love for our Prophet. Did you ever get to shake his hand?

Emily said...

Hi Lyndsey,

This is emily, you just emailed me, my email address is emdaisy@gmail.com :)