Monday, January 28, 2008

what stress does to brandon


so last week was a little stressful for my wonderful husband. he's been a little overwhelmed at work and is worried about taking the GMAT in a few weeks. not to mention he is elders quorum president again in our new ward, and we had to speak in church yesterday, and we're apartment hunting right now.

he kept telling me he felt stressed out but i didn't really believe him. for one thing, i deal with stress by crying profusely (which fortunately he is not doing), and for another i guess i wasn't being very compassionate. so therefore i didn't think he was serious until yesterday afternoon.

brandon went to church earlier than me so he could be at ward council; i drove myself and met him there. church was normal and fine and after young women i said bye to him and drove home in the pouring rain. he had to stay to see his counselors get set apart. i didn't know how long he'd be so i made myself lunch and was halfway through a delicious monte cristo sandwich when he walked in the door.

"did you forget we drove together?" i almost spit out my sandwich when he asked me that. i said no, remember, we drove separately...and he started laughing. apparently brandon forgot he had his own car at the church and got a ride home with some friends, thinking his devoted wofe had somehow forgetten about him. HAHA. his honda just sat in the church parking lot all day until we went back for a baptism that night. i think his brain is beginning to short circuit.

poor thing. he's not really completely retarded you know...he DID fix a squeaky door in our apartment this week with nothing but a can of cooking spray. he is amazing...and sometimes amazingly forgetful. love you honey :)

4 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

haha, that story is funny. I think I've been able to witness Brandon in stressful situations also sicne we were in 485 together. I do'nt think you ever cried though. I'm not sure. haha. I love you guys through the stressful and non stressful times :)

Brandon and Erica said...

oh man, Brandon. He is getting old! :-) haha. That is a funny story, and I really hope he told his ride home that he actually had his OWN form of transportation right at the church!
Poor guy.
Does chocolate and chick-flix work for boys too? I think he should go cry over a big pint of Ben and Jerry's.

Emily said...

That is so funny!

Jason said...

That sounds like the Brandon that I knew in the mission. Ha Ha!! You take care Jason