Saturday, January 5, 2008

right now

this week i...

- started out in utah
- drove 10 hours home and ended up back in LA
- didn't stay up till midnight on new years eve for the first time in my life
- hurt the muscles in my arm from playing too much wii (once again, further proof i'm not the most athletic person)
- went back to work ... (i would go into further detail but i have decided not to write about work anymore due to previous privacy issues)
- spent entirely too much time and energy eagerly reading up on the latest spears family drama...is it wrong for me to enjoy the soap opera that is their lives SO entirely much? that is, until britney pulls an anna nicole smith...which will prob happen soon...but up till then i will continue to love every second of it
- cooked some lovely teriyaki chicken on my fabulous new cast-iron grill pan from crate & barrel (thanks momma :)
- finally started to understand my ipod
- used the ipod at the gym...where i began my 2008 training resolution for more toned, more buff arms and now i hurt again
- came across and subsequently became obsessed with many more blogs belonging to people i have never before met (does it make it less creepy if i'm connected to them in less than six degrees? please?)
- SIGNED UP FOR MY 401K!!! yes it's true...i'm only 13 months late in doing that. feel free to calculate just how much money i've lost by not doing so earlier. when i was talking with the real simple editor she was so surprised how financially savvy i was -- until she heard i don't have a 401K. and then she thought i was an idiot.
- put away all my christmas decorations, reorganized our front closet and cleaned my whole house (that was all today, thank you very much!)

now i plan to...

- play some more wii with my fantastic husband
- find out our new ward boundaries tomorrow at the reorganization ward conference
- finallyyyy figure out an appropriate outfit for my AWESOME new cowboy boots
- eat cookies
- continue my new daily blessings journal (another resolution, thanks to henry b. eyring...except so far i've missed three days in 08 and we're only five days in :(! )
- sit back and relax because i crossed everything off my to do list and i am so happy about it :)

happy 2008 from downtown los angeles!!

2 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Man, I love your list. You are so productive. I like your blessings list or whatever. You are so good, unlike ME who doesn't read church books :) Maybe I can change that, you can help me!

Emily said...

Hi! You don;t know me, I am a friend of Michelle's. We both majored in PR together at BYU, which is why I met her. I was looking through her blogs and noticed yours. I think your blog is awesome and some posts have made me laugh. I also try not to be too envious that you work for a PR Firm. I would love your pointers on how you got your break. I just joined PRSA and I am hoping to make contacts that way. I have my Masters in Business and undergrad at BYU. You can check out my blog at starringemily.blogspot.com

Thanks!