Tuesday, July 29, 2008

after-post

...get it? instead of aftershock? haha i crack myself up.

anyway just wanted to follow up on the previous post.

/no damage reported downtown
/my cell phone AND land line phone couldn't connect calls/texts for 20 minutes following the quake due i'm sure to overuse in the area (although for some reason i did get a call from an editor in NYC about 10 minutes after the quake...i'm pretty sure i didn't pay attention to more than eight words he said because i was still all hyped up, but i think we arranged a bike loan while my brain was on autopilot so i should probably follow up with him real soon :)
/i guess they're saying now it was a 5.4...whatever, that's still big
/when we got home i had picture frames, vases and books all over the floor. guess i need to work on setting things in sturdier places.
/my poor husband...this was his first earthquake and i think he's about ready to move. lightweight :)

gotta love california.

1 comment:

Justin + kelly said...

I am so glad I missed it! I hate those things. Everytime I get a little wobbly I think its a quake. Not even close, just my legs teasing me! Totally a mental thing.