Monday, July 21, 2008

a day OFF!

today i took a day off from work. as you know we have been saving up all vacation days for our trip in sept., but luckily for my sanity GH gives everyone two summer days to take each year between memorial day and labor day.

brandon and i had originally decided to both take today off so he could recover from e3 and i could actually spend some time with him, but he ended up taking friday off instead. this left me with one whole wide open day all to myself, and let me tell you it was MUCH needed.












basically all i've done is a lot of catching up. but really, who needs more than this? so far i have caught up on the following:
pool time
sleep time
regis & kelly time
h&m $5 sale time (which was surprisingly disappointing)
h-bowl drive time (see previous post)
target & grocery time
family chat time (mom and grandma included)
craigslisting furniture time (well, i'm about to do that one)
kitchen time (hello, homemade black bean salsa...the perfect answer to my new low-carb diet cravings)
cookie dough eating time (so much for the low-carb diet)
blog time

as you can see, it is very valuable to have so much extra time. now if only i could arrange for a day off like this a little more often...

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

you are seriously so fun. every time I read your blog, I just think how alike we are! i love it!

dana said...

I'm sooo jealous.
Sounds like the perfect day off!
(glad to hear the $5 H&M was no good. I've been avoiding it and now I can feel good about myself!)

Brandon and Erica said...

so many things to comment about! And since you have thrown TWO new blogs at me, I feel obligated to post on it all.
Here is my take:

1- I never thought Heath Ledger and Julie Andrews could co-exist in the same sentence, but am impressed that you somehow managed it.
2- I too, have used a sock for my camera. Only because I had bought this cute little lace, beaded, sheer bag to put the camera in and Brandon insisted that it wasn't sufficient "protection" for the camera if I were to drop it (to which I have dropped it over 23 times).
3- I still have never gone to Pinkberry
4- I am sad I missed out on your day-off chat time, as it appears that you called me for that reason
5- I am rather unnerved that you would choose to drive a shuttle bus to the LA zoo BY YOURSELF! I just don't trust those creeps...especially after seeing what Gotham is like. Seriously, Lynds.

Tyson and Heather said...

Ooh..what a great day! You deserved it...way to take care of yourself for a sec., always rejuvenating:)!