Friday, July 11, 2008

birthday eve

today was a fantastic day for various reasons, in no particular order:

exhibit a:
my lovely co workers threw me a little surprise birthday party complete with a DOZEN sprinkles cupcakes, my fave. mmmm. we had a nice little tasting and i spent the rest of the day handing out extras to friends. happy birthday, you get to go to the gym for two hours tonight to work this off. but totally worth it.



exhibit b:
our new phones came today! they're just the dumb verizon chocolate phones, but hey they were the cutest ones i could get for free. yay for new phones with extended battery life, new chargers that haven't been in the burner, and a combo package with a headset so now i can talk while i'm driving.



exhibit c:
very productive evening. i finally cleaned my kitchen (including the fridge!), planned my yw lesson, went to the gym, grocery shopped, cleaned out google reader. all in all a pleasant evening.

exhibit d:
while on the aforementioned grocery run, i pulled into the ralphs parking lot and saw two ABC news vans, one KTLA van, one NBC van and one FOX van so i knew something was going on. i eventually figured out they were there because the grocery store is right across the street from the indymac hq, who apparently got shut down today -- so i came home and watched the news to get more details.
and who do i see on KTLA, reporting from lovely pasadena, but my total newscaster boyfriend jaime chambers! if you don't live in LA you probably don't know who i'm talking about, and even if you live here you might not, but i have had a major crush on this guy since he started doing the morning news surf report in like 2002. i almost got in my car and drove back over. so close!



exhibit e:
um...it's birthday eve. duh.

oh, and did i mention that brandon left for work at 6:30 a.m. today and he's not home yet? yeah, awesome. what's a girl to do? round 2 of tad hamilton, naturally :)

7 comments:

'Hel said...

I saw this on my favorite blog ever and thought it might help you with your stationary biz =)

Love you B-day girl!!!


http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2007/04/make-envelopes-out-of-patterned-paper.html

Jean said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Oh my gosh, I looooove Sprinkles too. :-)

virginia said...

Haha, a newscaster boyfriend?! That is so funny. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am totally jealous of those cupcakes, yum yum. :)

Angela and Mike said...

Happy happy birthday....birthday girl! Hope you have a great day.

Whitney V said...

Well, Happy Birthday!! Your blog is so cute . . . and so full of sugary cupcakes - it makes me hungry for some sweets. :) I hope you and Brandon enjoy your Birthday Fun Month. I finally have some free time to get together - we'll have to do dinner sometime soon!
-Whit

Roxanne said...

you make me laugh! i love it! happy birthday woman! brandon better have made up for being at work so long yesterday by making today awesome!

Emily said...

Happy birthday!