Thursday, October 16, 2008

beats a day at the office



today i rode along with my clients and fellow journalists in the gorgeous mountain roads of georgia.

this may not seem very interesting to most people but prior to today my motorcycle-riding experience consisted of riding around the block with my dad at age 4 and one ride to the marriott center on the back of ryan haldeman's bike my senior year of college. it may strike some as odd that i work for a major moto manufacturer without a ton of personal investment in the industry...to which i say, i love PR so it doesn't much matter to me what subject it's for.


so when i was invited to ride along i was nervous and excited. i started out a little tense and had a desperate urge to grab onto my driver (a man who has worked for this company for 25 years and is a professional motorcycle tester -- could i possibly ride any safer? doubtful), but relaxed quickly. i loved it! what a cool way to be so close to nature. i loved smelling everything i drove through -- forests, campfires, wood-burning stoves in the middle of appalachia -- and not having a roof over my head and just being out there. so fun.


also as of yesterday i am the newest account executive at my work :)

4 comments:

dietcokegrrl said...

CONGRATS on the promotion! All that hard work and traveling has paid off!!

Brandon and Erica said...

dude...could you BE any more promoted? I'm not even quite sure what an account executive would mean. But, judging from your latest title, "Associate Account Executive", I am just assuming you are now not an associate. Please do indulge me.

And..the moto ride is awesome...and makes me jealous that you can drive through the Apps on a moto for WORK!

Seriously.

Sarah said...

congrats on the promotion! looks like you are having fun @ work - what a lucky girl!

Tyson and Heather said...

account exec...how did i not know this yet?! CONGRATS!!!! woo woo, way to go lyndsey. you simply rock and yay for moto. rides:)!