Thursday, October 9, 2008

PARIS!

paris was absolutely everything i hoped it would be. magical, fashionable, romantic, historic, beautiful. i could have stayed a month.

we arrived in the late afternoon and went out to explore our neighborhood. we stayed right on the rue cler, an outdoor shopping area just south of the eiffel tower.





when we came out of dinner that night, it had drizzled a little so the whole city was misty. the streets sparkled and the lights reflected in the streets...we held hands and walked to the eiffel tower and at risk of being totally sappy i have to say it was the most romantic night of my life :)

i LOVED the eiffel tower.



at night it lights up blue and gold for the EU.



but every hour it sparkles with blinking lights for ten minutes. amazing.



i don't know why i have this enamoration for tall objects (empire state building, anyone?) but i absolutely loved the tower.





we went up to the top on our last night there. it was windy and cold up there. and i got tired of taking pictures after an hour.



amazing views though. and i love that you could see the tower from just about any point in the city.





and that's just the beginning. our three days in paris were jam-packed and we still didn't get to everything i wanted to see, but we squeezed in as much as possible.

5 comments:

dana said...

Beautiful pics of Le Tour Eiffel!
And SO worth going to the top, even if it was windy (I hope. :) It was hot when I was there).
I'm glad the city was everything you had hoped for. Great end to your fun trip!

Jamie Onken said...

I love it! I love all the pictures that you've put up. I would LOVE to go on the sound of music tour but would be very disappointed not to go in the gazebo because that is one of my favorite parts of the movie!

Angela and Mike said...

that does sound totally romantic! I love the idea of the sparkling lights for ten minutes. Awesome!

schnazdoodle said...

Switzerland IS amazing. Salxburg is pretty, but also very boring. I cannot WAIT to go to Paris next year... (I'm planning on March-ish...)

virginia said...

MAGNIFIQUE!