Friday, October 3, 2008

new york city

just got back last night from new york. i was so happy to be back in my favorite place! proud to report i can still hail a cab, find my way around the city and navigate the subway system like a champ.

this time around, though, i did realize just how dirty and crowded it is there...i think i'll stick to my sunny, spread out, friendly california thank you very much.

so i was actually there for work. we had a media reception for my client and all went well.

we did cool things like put motorcycles up on bars...



and hang out with people like tyson beckford...





you may recognize my boyfriend tyson from such shows as make me a supermodel or zoolander (which is really the reason i know who he is...besides the fact that i'm pretty sure he's mentioned in that old "she likes me for me" song). he was SO nice and friendly and talked to me and my co worker for a little while and then kissed us on the cheek when he said goodbye! EEK. (don't worry, brandon is fully aware of my enamoration. despite the fact t. beck showed up with a hot little gf.)

i guess i'm like a celeb magnet these days because sandra bullock & jesse james were also on our flight out of LAX. what can i say, that's how we roll.

we also had a little time for some sightseeing.

started out at ground zero...it is basically still a big hole with a bunch of cranes in it. not much different than the last time i was there. still a sobering sight.





then we headed to wall street. the day after the senate passed the bill to save wall street's butt. so guess what we saw?



tons of news vans everywhere. it was my co worker jolee's first time in the city so it was fun to show her around. here we are in front of the american stock exchange.



here's a shot of the federal building (where george washington was inaugurated as the first president of the united states...didn't know that) and trinity church of national treasure fame :)



i also finally got to see the famous bull, which i'd never visited before. i had five seconds to push past all the photo-taking asians to get my picture...which may explain the face.



we had lunch in little italy, bought purses from a secret basement in chinatown, walked around rockefeller center and then headed back to the airport. a quick trip but it was super fun.

however all the fun pales in comparison to the fact that i went all the way to nyc and didn't have a cupcake :( i walked past two crumbs locations while neither were open, and never had time to get over to magnolia. sad sad.

and of course i waved goodbye to my favorite spot in all of new york (and always a special place to me & b :)...the empire state building. (can you believe how beautiful that sky is?)



gotta love new york...but it's nice to be back home. again.

5 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

I love the asian peace sign you are making with your hand. So true. Glad you got to vist your old stomping ground. Would you believe I've never been to NYC? All those years living in DC so close...and I've never been!

Roxanne said...

Oh man, this makes me want to go back for a visit. It's been FAR too long. I love NYC!

dana said...

Tyson Tyson Tyson. So cute.
And yes, that NY sky? SO beautiful!
Glad you had a good time and welcome back to California!

Justin + kelly said...

I am SOOO JEALOUS!! Tyson is so handsome!! Him and Beckham make my day. and yes Justin is sitting right next to me. That is so funny about your wallet! But looked like you had a fabulous trip. But can I request some pics of the sound of music adventure you took??!! I have been dying to see them!

LAURA and ELIZA said...

Um...I've said it before, I will say it again!! I freakin covet your life. Can I go with you on your next trip??