Friday, October 10, 2008

joe-ja

so here i am, back in hickville. maybe i didn't pay as much attention to clayton georgia as i should have the last time i was here, but i was delighted to discover they have a walmart supercenter AND a days inn. i guess that means they're on the map.

just a few random thoughts i've had since arriving:

- i feel so much more country when i listen to country music in the south. shoot, i could almost be a local.

- i am DEFINITELY a city girl. and i think i always will be. what do these people DO all day? and weekends? i mean, hello. when you don't even have a stoplight, i guess you don't aim very high for entertainment.

- checking into a creepy hotel (though not as creepy as the last one) with free wireless and recovering from jet lag works well for my schedule. since we went to europe, my unread posts in google reader have been hovering around the 800 mark. unacceptable, i know. after tonight? i'm down to 20.

- how have i NOT been to a waffle house yet??? that's totally on my to do list for this week.

- absence makes the husband more productive. what has he done in the 12 hours i've been gone? worked, cooked dinner, worked on mba school applications, shopped for new jeans (how disgusting is it that my husband wears seven jeans and i don't?!?!), cooked himself a lean cuisine and is planning (come on brandon -- you better do it) to clean the bathroom. shoot, i should leave him alone more often.

- the best part about georgia is that it's my last work trip till february. YAY.

4 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

sevens? Really. Man, he's a high roller. Both Mike and me don't have sevens...I guess that makes you guys cooler than us. Oh well. We always knew it was true.

Courtney Ransom said...

When do you come back? We need to Japanese it! We have news to share with you guys! Call me when you get back so we can plan a date night! *hugs*

Michelle said...

Kyle and B should be friends. He buys 7 jeans, too. I wear the Target ones. He has more shoes and clothes than i do. What about Brandon??

HAve fun in the South!!! Savannah is named for that lovely city in Georgia (And Savannah Smiles the movie!.

dana said...

I love that I had to read your post title outloud to get it. haah. I'm an idiot.
Love the list of stuff.
What I'm wondering is...why in the heck (thought I'd use a good hick sounding word) are you guys have a big event in the middle of nowhere? I thought you stayed at swanky hotels, etc?
Glad you're going to stay put till Feb! And even more happy to hear that google reader is down to 20! Mines now down to zero after reading yours!