Saturday, October 25, 2008

pumpkins

i took thursday and friday off to have a little break, after working so much in georgia. the first day i did laundry, went grocery shopping, took a nap, finished up project runway on dvr. yesterday i went out to rancho to have lunch and go shopping with my mom. she is super busy with all her efforts for the yes on prop 8 campaign, and i have been busy with life, so it was a fun day off for both of us.

we had a DELISH lunch at souplantation (i am always delighted by healthy-ish buffets) and made our first stop at tai pan trading.

my MIL got me hooked on tai pan a while back; it is a fantastic home decorating warehouse that started out with two salt lake city locations. seriously, this place is like a dream come true if you want to spice up your house. every time we've been to utah since we got married, i have made a trip there. unfortunately i was always limited to what i could purchase since i'd have to lug it home on the plane with me.

naturally i was ecstatic when i heard one was opening in california -- and even more thrilled to hear it was opening in my very own hometown. tai pan rancho opened on monday and it was everything i had hoped.



the place is so big it's sort of overwhelming (especially cause it's loaded with christmas stuff right now, but i can't remember what new decorations i bought last year) but i made off with a lovely collection of new halloween/harvest decorations for the apt. SO FUN. i highly recommend checking it out if you're ever in the 909 (or in utah). oh, and if you go on 11/15, you can meet marie osmond :)

and speaking of gourds (my favorite seasonal word...so ugly)...i think i ate my weight in pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough today. gross.

6 comments:

Jean said...

I keep hearing about this store. I MUST GO!!! I love decor. :-)

schnazdoodle said...

I will have to visit this Trading place... Looks fun! I love accessories and I love decorating. Plus, so close!

dana said...

Souplantation.....mmmmm.
Funny, Doris has been wanting to go there all week because it's her favorite "special" this week. I bet she's gonna be jealous.
I'm glad you got to hang out with your mom.

Roxanne said...

I'm glad you took a few days to relax and be human! The PR world we get caught up in is sure a busy, stressful and tiring one!!!

Those pumpkins are adorable. Maybe one day I'll care enough about decorations (maybe when I'm married-it'll be a while!). haha!

little ol' me said...

Please e-mail me the recipe for the chocolate chip pumpkin cookies!! Happy Halloween..your favorite aunt--Susan

Angela and Mike said...

I need to go to that store...I haven't been yet, but I've heard fantastic things. I also haven't gone to Trader Joes yet...don't get mad. Maybe when you come to visit, we can go together!