Wednesday, June 18, 2008

to my pops

i was late on my mothers day post also but hey, better late than never. just wanted to give a shout out to my amazing dad.








i'm lucky enough to get along really well with both my parents but i've always been a little bit of a daddy's girl. except that i was never really an outside person so i wasn't into wrestling, swimming down to the bottom of lake powell for hours, etc. etc. like my other sibs. but my dad has always been my biggest fan and told me my whole life how special i was and that i (as the oldest child) changed his life for the better when i was born. because of my dad i love to quote movies, play rummy, and eat cookies and milk. he let me watch the x files with him every sunday night, ride on the back of his dirt bike and hold his hand during scary movies. he was always my hero, and he still gives me great advice and listens to all my problems. i love my daddy.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Hey - this comment has nothing to do with Fathers' Day. Send my apologies to your pops.

Actually, your email address is saved on my hotmail account - which I can't access from my office - and I needed to get ahold of you this morning (Friday June 20). Kenny and I are wanting to see Point Break Live tonight at 8 in Hollywood. You're out that way...would you want to come? Let me know at jill.nielsen@cnb.com asap! Tickets sell out, so we need to buy them this morning. Sorry to be so last minute, but that's just how we operate, I guess. YOu don't have kids yet, so we figured you can still be spontaneous (a good thing). ANyway, let me know

-Jill

Allison said...

very sweet post. Makes me want to call my dad again.

In other news, we're rehearsing for our sacrament performance at 10am in the RS room. I have no other way to contact you because I'm a moron. And after this one, we take a break for the summer.
smooches
A

Kathryn said...

Seeing your wedding picture raises a question: is orange your favorite color? I had an orange wedding bouquet, and that is my favorite color.