Tuesday, June 17, 2008

everlasting love

so brandon is a really great guy. not only did he bring me three mini reeses peanut butter cups at 4:15 p.m. today (my hungriest time of the day -- he knows the way to my heart is definitely through my stomach :) but he was still nice to me after i almost blew up our house.


yesterday was a rough day for me. after i was bratty most of the day and complained about a lot of things and even cried a little on our lunchtime walk, brandon was still trying to cheer me up (even though last week, when he was whining about the same things, i basically told him to buck up and take it. shows you what happens when you need to learn empathy and humility).


then i came home and started cooking dinner at 8 p.m. and couldn't figure out why my awesome teflon pan was smoking so much -- and then realized it was because my PHONE CHARGER was between the pan and the freaking burner. luckily i grabbed it before the whole thing burned through or exploded into flames -- and, miracle of miracles, it actually still works. and my nice husband just laughed at me, said he'd have to buy some electrical tape, and that it was all okay.







i guess the moral of the story is that i need to learn to handle stress better (and of course be more patient & empathetic to brandon) -- but hey, at least i didn't leave my car at the church or anything :)

7 comments:

Nat said...

ooooooh scary!! good thing you caught it! you must have paid your tithing this month :)

Emily said...

How funny! At least almost burning the house is a rare occurance!

Angela and Mike said...

Wow, yeah...don't burn down your house! haha. I'm glad Brandon is helping you. Sometimes I do the same, "buck up" thing to Mike. Relax, don't stress.

Janessa said...

I vacuumed one of those up before. And it almost did start a fire (it was plugged in at the time. Yeah. Bad.) You so got lucky!

Justin + kelly said...

Haha, good one! I would have thought, "gee, why doesnt this pan sit all the way down on the stove? did it get bent or something? oh well"

Roxanne said...

I just love your little stories about getting irritated and being bratty, totally reminds me of myself...i seriously do think we are twins separated at birth!

virginia said...

Hahhah, what a great story!