Thursday, August 21, 2008

and i'm off...

tomorrow i'm going to san diego, where i will stay for the next week and a half. i'm pretty sure this is the longest time i've ever been away from the husband (luckily he gets to come down and stay with me on labor day weekend...that's the least they could do for making me work over a holiday! ;) and i am starting to be a little sad. i always get this way right before a trip...i'm usually excited all the way up until i leave, and then fine once i'm gone, but slightly clingy right when it's time to go.

i won't lie though, there is something nice about a business trip. being away from laundry, groceries, dirty counters, carpet that needs vacuuming, husbands who dump their crap all over the place...even though i'm working, it's still a vacation from the usual reality. and it's even better when i get to stay in a nice hotel. hello huge comfy bed (all to myself!), all the free desserts i can eat and a fun change to the day-to-day.

this will be much better than georgia! (no scary bugs in san diego, right?)

5 comments:

dana said...

Sounds like a psuedo vacation :)
(sort of)
Hope it all goes well! Have a great time.

Angela and Mike said...

Have fun, I'll miss you! Try to write...and enjoy that big bed ALL to yourself.

Janessa said...

I'm jealous! I love SD. And I love hearing about your life, hence the taggage, but if you don't have time, no worries there. Have fun!

Roxanne said...

yes, no scary bugs! come on down and live it up in the better So. Cal city!!!! hope work doesn't exhaust you while you are here and you have some time to relax and enjoy it!

Tyson and Heather said...

awesome...call up Heidi if you have time and want to do something fun! Bad news, only Tyson will be in SD for Labor Day weekend!!!:( I have to go to Florida on Thurs-Wed for work---ahh, I want my holiday weekend baaaaaack!