Saturday, February 7, 2009

"my density has bought me to you."

b and i started out with big plans for this saturday. they involved all sorts of productive things like grocery shopping, a trip to the gym and some shoe shopping. but when we woke up and it was still cloudy outside and it was just one of THOSE saturdays, we changed our minds and decided to be lazy :)

we stayed in our pjs and laid on the couch and watched back to the future. i so love that movie. [side note: oddly i had not seen it all the way through until about two years ago. i missed most of the pop culture treasures of the 80s due to a family loyalty to the disney channel.]

while watching the movie, b remembered that part of b2tf was filmed right here in lovely pasadena. so after we decided to get ready for the day and join real life, we hopped in the car in search of the mcfly house. imdb lists george mcfly's house at a certain address a couple miles from our apt; this was incorrect, because that location actually turned out to be doc brown's house. i think. regardless, i'm fairly certain this is still the street where marty got hit by lorraine's dad's car, so that's something right? (and fyi, the mcfly house is actually in pacoima.)

after that, we walked up to old town and went to lunch at a cute italian place we'd been wanting to try for months. we have a tradition of going out to dinner the night before one of us leaves on a work trip, but last night he worked late and we had alternate plans -- so we opted for a lunch date instead. it was delightful; we need to do that more often! [the food was probably only a 7 or so, on a scale of 1 - 10...but still fun just to be out.]

also, i don't think i've posted a pic of us on this blog in a loooong while. not that you care or anything. but here we are at lunch -- happy to see you :)

after our outing, i left for the airport. i'm currently in santa rosa, ca and will be here for the next six days. don't worry, i'll be home in time for v day. which is important. because if i missed my anniversary AND v day in a six month period, i might as well just get divorced. it was really hard for me to leave today, though. most of the time i'm fully independent and self-sufficient, but once in a while i just want to be clingy and stay home w/ my hubs. :(

airport etc. was uneventful. picked up my rental car and drove on up. best part of the ride: i got to drive over the golden gate bridge! fun. (i felt like i was driving through the credits of full house.) try to see it in this dark photo...i like how all the lights turned out all long-exposure-y:

i'm staying in a waaaaay nicer hotel than my last trip. hard to know much about it because it was dark when i arrived, but here is one important fact: THEY HAVE A COOKIE TURNDOWN SERVICE! woo hoo! [the nice hotels usually have a nightly turndown service -- i've found various items on my turned-down pillows in the past including chocolates, orchids, etc. but cookies?!? i could definitely get used to this.]

behold, my giant comfy king bed WITH my bag of cookies:

and that's about it. i'll be here enjoying my in-room fireplace and undoubtedly hours of tlc programming (catching up on what not to wear! yay!). and of course working 12 hour days. beats a day at the office, i must say!

3 comments:

Jean said...

I love that you guys watched Back to the Future and then tracked down that house!! I didn't know it was in Pasadena. GREAT movie.

That has got to be the cutest "lunch out" picture that I have ever seen, with your smiles and your head leaning slightly to the side and your hand-holding. Haha! Adorable!! I've been wanting to try that place, too.

Have fun in Santa Rosa! Enjoy that cookie turndown and fireplace! WOOHOO!! Gosh, I miss traveling for work! I don't think I've ever had a cookie turndown. Whenever I stayed at a Hampton Inn, I would always yoink cookies from the lobby, but then I had to carry them ALL the way up to my room. So lame, Hampton Inn.

dana said...

WHAAAT??!! Doc Browns house???!
We're going.
Cute pic of you and Brandon.
And fun that you're on your trip....but sad that I won't see you for a week :(.
Enjoy!

Angela and Mike said...

Wow, I wish someone would make my bed and leave ME cookies. Sounds awesome. I love that you had a lazy Saturday and watched b2tf. and YES, you better make it home before V day, we wouldn't want it to mess up your marriage!