Monday, April 20, 2009

swaddling

so, we are really lucky because some of our favorite friends live next door. last summer, b and i noticed a new car with utah license plates parked on our street and started saying how funny it would be if that car belonged to new mormons in the area. subsequently, we met the mcmullins at church that next sunday and have since spent many many hours together playing ticket to ride, eating and watching football games.

anyway, we had them over a few weeks ago for general conference, and they brought baby henry. [side note: i was thrilled when they moved in and had no baby in sight. finally! a baby-less friend! then i found out melanie was four months pregnant. whatever. i'm getting used to it now.]

henry likes to be swaddled and we are always watching jeff wrap him up. so b decided being swaddled looked comfy and requested it also. the two boys spent conference all wrapped up, lying next to each other. jeff took a picture and it makes me laugh every time.



a. i love that b's legs stick so far out of the blanket. yep, definitely doesn't fit.
b. i love that little henry is just chillin, like this is his normal activity to hang out with other swaddled friends.
and c. CHECK IT, people! he is wearing a byu blanket!! miracles will never cease. tell that to his crazy ute-fan friends. mwahaha.

12 comments:

dietcokegrrl said...

That is hilarious!!!

sachia said...

Write a bcomic book...you have got a gift to make people giggle. I am loving the little dudes face..just chillin happy as can be.

Nat said...

Hahaha! THAT is a great picture! This is definitely one your posterity will cherish forever. :)

Jean said...

Hahahaha!! That is AWESOME. When we were swaddling Weston when he was little, it looked like so much fun that Tim tried to swaddle me in a comforter. Didn't work very well -- I guess we needed a blanket like Brandon's instead!

Angela and Mike said...

What a wonderful sight to see B in a byu blanket. awesome. I love you you always act like you hate it when your friends get pregnant and have babies :) Does that mean to hate me too now?

Kathryn said...

Lilly loved being swaddled for months and months. Glad to see that Brandon can be soothed by a tightly wrapped blanket.

Janessa said...

Oooo this picture could be used as blackmail, didn't B think of that? haha

Roxanne said...

That picture is priceless-oh man, I truly love it and it makes me laugh and smile and its just awesome.

dana said...

haha. that's hilarious!

JoLee said...

Now this is quite possibly the funniest thing I have seen all day! Love it :)

little ol' me said...

Now you know how we sooth a premie--we swaddle 'em. It works wonders!!

Dani said...

Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard. Can I please put a link to this on my next blog post????