Sunday, April 20, 2008

bridal shower

yesterday a bunch of women in the highland ward threw my sister rachel a bridal shower.
our grammie flew out from arizona just to come -- here's all the coleman/payzant/wells/soon-to-be-holdaway women:

a whole lot of people came; it was so great to see so many peeps support little rachie. i was in charge of games (thanks to those who helped me brainstorm, two days before the shower when i found out that was my duty :). when everyone arrived i stuck cards on their backs with famous couples (lucy & ricky, pam & jim, elizabeth & mr. darcy etc.) and they had to ask yes or no questions to figure out who they had.

then, when she opened presents, i asked her questions about jesse or her relationship with him (i had interviewed him a few days before). if her answer matched the answer i had on a sign, she got to open a gift. if she got it wrong, she had to put a piece of sour cherry bubblicious in her mouth. mmm.






her favorite gift -- her very own tool kit

the gum wad...six pieces! woo hoo.
while it's a little weird that my little sister is actually getting married (one because she graduated from high school only two years ago, another because she's frozen in my mind as my much-younger little friend who shared my bedroom and built forts with me in the living room) i'm so excited for her. just a couple more weeks and she'll be hitched!

7 comments:

Happy Family said...

I totally was going to come but Jason had business stuff and I could not get a babysitter. Arg... wish I did not miss that. I am so glad you posted pics. See you guys at the reception I am sure.

Stephanie said...

How exciting! I still can't believe that Rachel is getting married! Wow...she just seems so young (but she's not really).

Angela and Mike said...

Wait, I just realized you finnally ACTUALLY have a title to your blog, congratulations. Those games sound like fun...did you get the index card game from The Office on Diversity Day? haha.

Brandon and Erica said...

You guys are DARLING! And, I am extremely impressed by the turn-out. I have never seen so many women lined up before!
Way to go on the games...I bet it was a HIT!

Justin + kelly said...

My mom was so excited about that tool kit, she tells me everytime i talk to her. "did i tell you what i got rachel..." Im glad Rach was so excited about it!

Karly said...

Hi! I read your comment and went, "Ah! Lyndsey and Brandon live close by! How did we not invite them??" You better believe you're coming to our next dinner party. Actually, that's a good idea. We'll have Megan and Scott up from San Diego and you guys down. Anyone else that is nearby that you can think of? It'd be so fun to see you guys!! Let's do it soon. We'll be in touch. Yay! I'm excited now! And congrats to Rachel, I'm so excited for her. Marriage is the best. :)

Karly said...

PS, and we'll do the blog stuff too! I can show you how to keep your stuff.