Sunday, April 13, 2008

our new home

we now live here:


i told you it was purple.

yesterday we spent the whole day here:


it was 85 degrees, for those of you still digging out of the arctic tundra. we ate chinese food and played rummy and i even got a resemblance of a tan line. glorious.

one of my favorite things about living here (aside from the AMAZING dishwasher -- which ironically we only run maybe twice a week, usually when i run out of spoons; two people just don't merit that many dirty dishes unless i decide to bake, like tonight's chocolate peanut butter cookies of which i've already eaten four -- and the quite efficient air conditioning; who knew i was living so deprived for so long?) is this little space:



yes, i had a washer/dryer at the old place but it was 25 cents more expensive than these and there was only one. lugging my dirty clothes 20 feet away sure beats spending the night at the laundromat down the street.

pictures of the interior are coming soon (i know you're all dying to see...), as soon as we put up some of our new ikea purchases.

today was our first day in the pasadena ward (i will admit i had a slight panic attack when we pulled into the parking lot -- it was like all of the sudden i realized OMG I'M THE NEW GIRL AND I KNOW NO ONE HERE WHAT WAS I THINKING. sometimes my shy side acts up and tries to take over my otherwise stable psyche). and can i just say how refreshing it is to be in a ward with multiple enrichment activites PER MONTH -- you know, as opposed to per quarter, if i got lucky, in the old ward -- and to know that we're all striving for the same things. i met some very nice people and am quite looking forward to settling in.

7 comments:

Nat said...

Sooooo does this mean weekly pool party at your place?? The local YMCA scares me...

Emily said...

I am so excited for you :)

Justin + kelly said...

how exciting. hopefully it will be all put together this july when i come visit you in sunny so cal. oh, and thanks for rubbing in your 85* weather, im still struggling with the rain. will it ever end??

Halie Daisy said...

Pool parties will be so much better with a pool :)

Brandon and Erica said...

Wow! You two are so posh! Love the new Pasadena crib.

Emily Wallace said...

Hey! I'm glad you found our blog! I'm jealous you're living in Pasadena now... ahh! We moved to Pittsburgh (as I'm sure you have figured out by now...) and we're still having 35 degree days (intermixed with 70... oookay).

I added a link to your blog on mine so I can blog stalk you now... haha.

Janessa said...

Thanks for the 85 degrees comment. Those of us who are stuck in the frozen tundra are not at all bitter. haha I'm seriously jealous though. I miss california. If you hear of any good jobs out there...well, just let me know! :)