Sunday, April 6, 2008

how i spent my weekend



so this weekend i spent eight hours watching the general conference of my church. this happens every six months and i LOVE it. no matter what is going on in my life, at least one speaker always seems like he's speaking right to me. it's so uplifting and inspiring and makes me just want to be better. i'm so grateful to be able to hear the word of God through living prophets.



not to mention that i was always a little unhealthily enamored with president hinckley, but i'm happy to report that president monson is just as amazing and wonderful. yay for conference!

4 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

haha, I'm glad you can report that Pres Monson is just as amazing. Since Pres Monson has met Mike multiple times (he liked BYU bball, so would go in the locker room after the games)...I feel I personal bond with him :) haha. Read my blog about my emotional weekend. haha.

Brandon and Erica said...

Hi. Amazing. I get on your blog. What do I find? 3 NEW posts!
Amazing.
Welcome back to the consistent blogging.

Well, you look cute. And your YW are VERY diverse and adorable. And I'm glad you spent the weekend doing what I was doing. :-)

Nat said...

It really was one of the best conferences ever! A little sad that Pres. Hinckley wasn't there...but Pres. Monson's hilarious stories made up for it. :) p.s. my family eventually left so we'd love to have you guys over for dinner sometime...just don't expect much. I still make a lot of rice-a-roni...

Roxanne said...

yes! i love conference weekends too. so uplifting and just what the doctor ordered in our busy PR worlds!