Saturday, April 26, 2008

home?

we spent the evening back on the west side tonight...went to the temple, stopped in westwood to visit our old haunts including THIS lovely little place:

MMM. still thinking about how fantastic that was.

but anyway, back to the story. so we've been trying to find a car wash place around our new house that's not ridiculously expensive (any ideas, nat?) but have had no luck, and since we were back near our old house anyway we decided to go to our old car wash. then i needed gas so we went to our old cheap gas station. and then i needed a tomato and whip cream for some meals i'm planning (separate...nothing with tomatoes AND whip cream :) so we went to our old ralph's, and the same checkers were working, and i knew where everything i needed was located in the store. and outside there were the same graffiti and sirens and hoodlums and palm trees and billboards in spanish and i felt like i belonged there.

and i felt a little sad. is it weird that west LA still feels more like home to me than the place i currently live?

6 comments:

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

those kick smart cookies butt!

i am drooling!

p.s. we fly out tomorrow. we've been staying with adam's parents since we moved on wednesday. :)

Janessa said...

I LOVE DIDDY REESE. Food contest? LA wins, hands down. I'll trade Cafe Rio for home any day. Lucky.

Leticia said...

Yummy food!!!!
Thanks for the "sweet" comments on the blog! You are too nice! It is fun to follow you as a "grown" girl! You are so pretty and fun!!

Angela and Mike said...

Oh, heck yeah, those ice cream cookies look amazing. It makes me miss smart cookie and J dawgs...mmm... Interesting combo of food, but I always had to get them together.

Mollie said...

Whenever I read your blog I always miss california so much!!! Finally my husband and I are moving back I am so excited and I don't have to be jealous anymore, yea! :)

Emily said...

That looks amazing! I want to go and get one of those ice cream sandwhiches :)