Thursday, April 24, 2008

graduates

two years ago today i graduated from byu. TWO YEARS. time flies! seems like just yesterday i was stealing ice cream samples from the creamery and hiking up the hill of death for classes. i made it through in the requisite four years and felt ready to leave when i was done, but i will always look back on college with so much love.

i love byu! like the totally lame alumni that i am, i immediately tear into my new copy of byu magazine whenever it lands in my mailbox and i'm seriously dreading the day i read through it and don't recognize any names (luckily my BFF works for the mag so at least i'll still get to see her!). and while i'm more passionate about byu football and cafe rio salads since LEAVING p-town, i will always have a special place in my heart for the great years i spent around there.

so in honor of the last-day-of-college anniversary i will give you a little walk down memory lane.

WHEN I GRADUATED...


i had long hair...



these people barely knew each other...
(we got engaged a month later and married six months after that)


i was used to personal daily chats with the best teacher at byu (and now i have to settle for occasional IMs and christmas visits)...



i lived in the funnest place with the coolest peeps (although sami by this time had gotten hitched)...


i was ready to leave the "y" and go conquer the world.
my how things have changed. now i'm married, i work, there's no snow outside, i have to settle for alternative pork salads, life is good. but i'll always miss my cougs.

3 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Agreed, I love and miss BYU too. Conquering the world isn't as fun as I thought. haha. I should've spread out my BYU time more than 3 years. Who is the teacher that you still IM?

Brandon and Erica said...

ME TOO! I miss BYU. And, I live .4 miles away from it. Everytime I drive to campus to pick up Brandon, I start to feel like I don't fit in. It makes me want to yell to the pedestrians, "I USED TO BE JUST LIKE YOU!" I digress.

And, your hair WAS long. Crazy how I don't really remember that, and I feel like you are a short-haired person for life. That's a good thing.

And, thanks for the email. You have inspired me to write you back. I'll try to fit it in before the 2:30 meeting that started 5 minutes ago :-).
LOVES!

Emily said...

This June, I will have been away from BYU for 5 years and I can not believe it! I loved being at BYU and I miss it!