Sunday, April 13, 2008

unpacked, almost

to follow up on my previous post, i just wanted to show you how all my hard work paid off:


those are 1/2 of my cool shelves :) now do you see why i was struggling? that closet is TINY and i'm still not sure i'm making the best use of space available. but i built shelves by myself and really that's all that matters.

finally, finally this weekend i got everything put away. well, almost -- unless you count that we haven't finished hanging shelves, mirrors, pictures etc. but i consider the fact that i got rid of all my boxes to be quite an accomplishment.

brandon got home from san francisco at 10 p.m. on friday. i let him sleep till 10 a.m. on saturday (mostly so i could experiment with how long it takes to walk to the new gym from my house...10 minutes people! i so love our new location) and then told him it was time to get up, that i'd been waiting for him to come home and help me ALL WEEK. i rushed him through the obligatory bowl of cereal and then put him right to work, organizing and hanging things.

i had to get a little creative, but we have spared ourselves the chore of securing a storage unit in the garage or lugging stuff to my parents' attic for safe-keeping. let's just say that the christmas season will call for quite the scavenger hunt in the payzant-wells household -- i shoved things in every nook and cranny we've got in this closet-deprived apartment. i now have holiday decorations in the linen closet, under our bed (the christmas tree barely fit :), below the kitchen sink, in my closet next to my sweatshirts and snow pants.

1 comment:

Karly said...

Haha, I loved this post. First because I think I have those same shelves in my condo! They saved our lives in the closet. Also because your place sounds like mine. I have my holiday decorations next to the most random things in my linen closet. :) Good luck with the organizing!