Tuesday, May 27, 2008

growing in wisdom

so i think i'm growing a wisdom tooth. this is weird because for the past 10 years my dentist has told me i don't have wisdom teeth. which would make sense because i also don't have two permanent teeth on the bottom. (i still have baby teeth in there, as you can see in the photo below -- ask me about it sometime and i'll show you :)






however apparently i actually do have them, because something is growing in back there and i'm fairly certain i'm over the whole molar thing. i have a lot of empathy for babies now because it HURTS! the only time it feels okay is when i chew because it makes it a little better. is this strange? i'm almost 24, shouldn't i have gotten them a long time ago? every time i've ever heard anyone whine about "dry sockets" or gauze pads or how horrible their surgery was i just smiled inside knowing i'd never have to endure that. but NOW...sucks for me!

2 comments:

dana said...

so bizarre. um, wanna borrow one of Owen's teething rings...?
just let me know :)

schnazdoodle said...

I had three wisdom teeth pulled a few weeks ago - and they're still healing. I was put out for it (because, for real), and despite the obvious grossness of having teeth pulled, I didn't really feel any pain... I wasn't swollen either... I didn't think it was all that bad. Everything is still healing (3 weeks later), but it's good. :)