Thursday, May 22, 2008

yay!

so my boy david cook won american idol :) i watched about 10 minutes of the finale in the las vegas airport and finished up the rest via dvr at my in-laws house -- and then because the show ran slightly over, their dvr ended the recording right when ryan said "and the winner is..." CLICK. i freaked out -- thank goodness for google video!

i must say that i was quite pleased with the whole show. even the group numbers were pretty good and i usually hate those with fiery passion. i loved bryan adams, zz top (how awesome was that??) and george michael. and my FAVORITE part was the usc marching band, but i'm just nerdy that way. both davids were so cute and i was happy for cook.

and i'm not going to lie that i now have no idea what to do with my tuesday and wednesday nights. when did i become such a slave to pop culture?

p.s. it's 48 degrees and raining in SLC. boo.

5 comments:

dana said...

You know, I think the DVR thing happened to tons of people! My sister was watching (delayed) and it seriously said, "Your American Idol winner is...David..." click.
It must be some ploy by Advertisers to get us off our Tivos and back to Live TV. Grrr.
Glad you saw it all though!
And yes, I couldn't agree more...the group numbers! I usually detest as well. But of course I loved the GM medly :).
I can't believe it's that cold in SLC. enjoy!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

hells kitchen and so you think you can dance...that is what you can do with those nights!

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

I'm there with ya Lydnsey! All my shows are at the end of the season AHHHHHHHH. I guess I'll have to start doing something more productive:)With the Tivo, because of what happend that night happened in the past, I always record the show directly after to make sure I get it all, crazy technology:( Anyway I was so excited when DC one, he is the man. I so loved Chris Daughtry and was sad when he didn't win so Yeah for DC you ROCK!!!!!

Brandon and Erica said...

HEY! So impressed that you are bloggin in UT! I thought you being away from the Pasadena digs would be excuse enough for your lack of posting, but you have now made me feel guilty that I haven't posted in the last 2 days :-)

AND...I'm seeing you tonight. Whoa. Seems unreal.
And, your mom and sister are ADORABLE! And, your mom said our apartment was "Bomb"! Haha. Love her.

Elder Bryan Carpenter said...

You were in SLC and didn't call me!? Shame on you!