Thursday, May 15, 2008

things that make me laugh about american idol

first of all i have to share a direct quote from one of my favorite AI reviewers:

What's more, I disagree with Randy and Little David that a white boy can't convincingly sing about his ''boo.'' The color of David's skin had nothing to do with why ''With You'' was a catastrophe. Instead, why not point to his season-long struggle to handle nonfunereal rhythms, or the way he can't seem to break out of his ''catch a rainbow'' hand-extension dance move, or his general discomfort tackling mature relationship-themed material?
LOL! i've been struggling for weeks to identify a description for archie's awkward hand thing, and this is the best one yet.

that was really the highlight of tuesday's show, in my opinion. not even my boy david cook was all that impressive. i didn't even vote.

then last night went just as expected. (hmm...david and david in the bottom two? called that during top 12 week.) i don't think they should have shown david a.'s trip home first because when i saw him cry i was a little grossed out, but by the time i saw syesha uncontrollably sobbing and then cute little david cook tearing up, i was okay with the whole emotion thing.

did anyone else laugh out loud when david a. said "gosh....gosh...there are just so many people here! where did they all park??" HAHA. i am still laughing about that. you gotta hand it to the kid, he is pretty cute. except seriously, women crying? for a 17 year old? let's be real here people. i was pretty excited to see his little tour of the greater salt lake valley though -- yay for utah!

anyway...holding out till the finals. did i mention i'll be on an airplane for the DURATION of the finale??? stupid weddings. grr. thank heaven for my MIL's tivo :)

5 comments:

Janessa said...

I was watching last night at the gym and noticed people there were actually crying - CRYING - on their treadmills when David A's tour was on. Seriously?! He's a cute little kid and all, but I don't get all the crying.

Brandon and Erica said...

yes, that is HILARIOUS! And..I have been trying to figure out his strange hand thing too. The only way I can describe it to others is by actually physically re-enacting it. And I still feel like I have better hand-rhythm than the little boy, so it STILL doesn't do it justice!

Angela and Mike said...

haha, I love the explanation of the hand also. So funny.

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

i'm right there with you with his hand weirdness...it reminds me of a kid i went to jr. high with.

dang, i'm so mad i missed this. stupid no tv in the ihouse...but then...oh wait i was at mamma mia :)

Justin + kelly said...

well said!! I didnt bother voting either. not good enought for me. i thought it was hilarious that david a. was doing his little hip action up there. you know hes never even had a "boo". i will however be all over the phone lines this next week to ensure david cook's victory.

on a side note. I LOVE SURVIVOR. I am so sad its over, and bummed that parvati won, but i thought it was so cute between ozzy and amanda. sweet little island love!