Sunday, May 18, 2008

nap time

today i decided a sunday nap was in order...so i curled up on the couch in my favorite spot (for some reason i hate sleeping in my bed during daylight) and went right to sleep. and didnt wake up for THREE HOURS!!! seriously, what the heck. first of all i never take naps, second of all only my narcoleptic husband (who can't make it through one hour of church without "resting his eyes") sleeps for hours on end like that. i felt a little guilty when i woke up but then figured this was my body's way of telling me to take a break. i guess the past few weeks have been a little non stop for me.

so that also probably explains why it's 11:32 p.m. and i haven't crashed yet. i'm fully looking forward to the week ahead though -- american idol finale, trip to utah (and i will finally redeem my free meal at cafe rio!! i've been saving up stamps for a year), the chance to see old friends. and of course the little wedding taking place on saturday. good times. and that means good blogs to come :)

4 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

I LOVE naps. When I have church at 9, I take a 3 hour nap EVERY sunday afternoon...so don't think you are too lazy. i agree, I like to nap on the couch over the bed. I love that Brandon "rests his eyes" during church...haha

Brandon and Erica said...

Yay! And, hilarious that you slept for that long :-).
Sundays really are the only day where I feel like a nap is negotiable. I mean, it's the Day-of-Rest right?
And, I am in the middle of a nice long email to you right now.

And, soo cool that you saw Melanie Griffith! I don't know why, I always liked her too. I always liked her in "Milk Money" even though now I realize it is a sick, creepy, dimented movie. Not to mention her appearances on SNL weren't so bad.
Though, I have to give it to you. I had no idea she had a tattoo.

dana said...

Since you're officially no longer a stalker on my blog, I guess I'm not one on yours either :). And I'm so glad you commented on the ice cream. There were tons of responses on that b/c everyone agrees...it freaking sucks! Yea, lame.

And I couldn't agree more about sleeping on the couch. It feels weird to go lay on your bed. But somehow, sleeping on the couch feels like you're just gonna shut your eyes for a moment (or 3 hours). Even when I was pregnant and could justify a nap I slept on the couch (although mostly b/c of heartburn. I had to sleep semi-sitting up).
Okay, seriously sorry to ramble.
I look forward to checking in on your blog with my Google Reader :)!

Have fun in Utah and enjoy Cafe Rio!

Justin + kelly said...

Oh what I would give for a cafe rio burrito!! Super jealous and way excited for Rach! I cant believe how fast the engagement has flown by. Give her a big hug and congrats from me!