i'll no doubt spend tomorrow stuffing my face and watching football-related movies, but wanted to wish everyone a wonderful thanksgiving!
i always feel bad for this holiday because, as a less-materialistic day, it gets forgotten between halloween and christmas. but i love the chance to spend a day being thankful for everything we have, and i will never put up my christmas decorations before thanksgiving is done to give it the respect it deserves.
so, to kick it off, here are a few things i'm thankful for this year:
- my husband -- for making me laugh, bringing me cookies and telling me every day how lucky he is to have me
- my wonderful family AND extended family (in-laws included)
- my faith and the perspective it gives me in this crazy world
- amazing friends at work, church, in my hometown, on blogger, via email -- however we keep in touch, i love having you in my life!
- my job and my paycheck when our economy is on a roller coaster ride
- my tiny apartment with a tiny kitchen, even though it smells like smoke and the water heater makes noise all night long
- living in a beautiful city with palm trees lining every street and the luxury of never worrying about the weather
- DVR -- seriously, this has changed my life
- struggles and trials that help me grow and become tougher and help me have more empathy for others
- knowing that i have a new day tomorrow to be better, try harder and do more good in this world