Sunday, November 9, 2008

trojan pride

last night we went to the USC football game. we had our usual awesome 16th row seats, thanks to granddad, and had a blast!

i was quite happy just to have my husband home again -- he landed at 3 p.m. and we were on our way to the game by 4:15. we started out with a delicious dinner at chipotle.

i've never seen b devour something in such a carnivorous manner:



i was content just to leisurely enjoy mine. it took me almost 24 hours to eat the whole thing -- those babies are huge! tasty though...mmm:



we drove downtown and admired the AMAZING sunset.





and then it was game time! we played cal and they never really had a chance...we won 17 - 3. and usc scored their first touchdown right in front of us! with the exception of some questionable fans nearby, we had a fabulous time. i never thought i'd be the type of girl to get all crazy about football, but i can honestly say there are few things i love more than watching a good game of football with my husby.







V for trojan victory! (i'm thinking of changing my blog name to "stories of a girl who sees life through one eye"...seriously, i need to get my bangs cut!)



and of COURSE we can't forget the amazing trojan marching band! (this one's for you, jean :)



here's us at the game. i think we look way older than we did this time last year.

6 comments:

dana said...

Gorgeous sunset pictures. I actually noticed the same beautiful sky last night. We were at the park and I pointed out to Lucy, "look, the sky is pink!" She kept saying, "oooo. Pretty sky." Kids are so fun.

Glad you had a fun night! And YUM...Chipotle....

Jean said...

What a fun time!! That Chipotle is making my mouth water, and it's only 7:15 AM. :-)

I love your new blog name -- haha!! You crack me up.

Roxanne said...

you do look much older...all grown up, tear! i like the bangs swooped in front of your eye look. gorgeous sunset also. i love southern california!

Angela and Mike said...

So much fun. I agree, I love a good football game with mike. They might soon be a thing of the past for me since I'm pretty sure my child won't have a 4 hour football attention span :)

Danny and Kristen Woodbury said...

That's so awesome that you not only get to go the games, but you have REALYY nice seats!! I'm totally jealous and I know Danny would be too! :) Love your side comment about your bangs! You're hilarious!! The sunset pictures did look really nice... I don't think I've enjoyed a sunset in a while... I only see sunsets on my way down to fullerton for class... and that's not enjoyable! :)

Emily said...

Fun pictures and from your above post, I as well can get more done when working from home!