Tuesday, January 6, 2009

best choc chip cookies EVER



if you know ANYTHING about me you are aware of my cookie obsession. the ironic part of this, however, is that i make crappy chocolate chip cookies. they are always too flat, too crispy, etc. etc. this doesn't mean i don't still make myself sick eating half the dough whenever i bake them -- isn't that why we bake anyway?

however i recently came across the BEST chocolate chip recipe EVER. they were fluffy, delicious and beautiful.

i found the recipe on a web site, claiming to have gotten this from "the essential mormon cookbook." i have never seen said cookbook, but i'm sure it's good. as my MIL (who herself is not mormon) once said -- "those mormons sure know how to plan a party" -- i might add "those mormons sure know how to bake."




here's the recipe, if you're interested:

the best chocolate chip cookies EVER

cream together 1 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

sift together separately 3 c. flour
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda

stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture; add in desired amount of chocolate chips. drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet; bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes.

9 comments:

little ol' me said...

Those cookies look yummie!!!!! Hope that you and Jesse had a great new year.

little ol' me said...

Never mid your poor old aunt who was writing to you at 3 am who was brain dead and thought that she was writing to Rach. Oh well!!!!!!
Love to you and Brandon.

Chelsea said...

I don't tell you enough how much I love your blog. All of it. You have the greatest insights on life, so much fun, a purely "you" touch... I guess it just reminds me why you are so awesome! I'm jealous you got to see the rose bowl parade! Our band got to march in it the year after I graduated (of course, not while I was there.) And yes, I'll be trying your cookies.

Angela and Mike said...

Those look yummy. I have to say, I made world's BEST cinnamon rolls this weekend. They looked and tasted amazing. It was my best batch yet. haha. I'm not usually cocky with my cooking, but I was with these :)

Way to go with the cookies!

dana said...

those really do look good! I want to eat one NOW. Um, I think I have some cookie dough in the freezer....

Leticia said...

om GOODNess~!!!
Thanks for posting LYNDSEY!!!
My friend did a whole post on how her cc cookies are flat and yuck!!!
I am not good and have not found a good reciped either!!!
I have to copy this and post it on my blog...with your permission of course!!!!
Happy NEW year 2009 to you guys!!!

megan said...

oh great, something else for me to eat the whole batch of and never lose any weight :-)

Kathryn said...

Funny how all the ingredients are the same, but proportions can make such a big difference. Usually my favorite choc. chip cookies have oatmeal, but sometimes, they are good with just the dough and the chocolate. It's been about a week since I made cookies. Might have to give these a try since my brownies turned out only sort of ok.
And I agree with the comment about you being a "prolific poster."
I have been seriously slacking lately. I blame it all on the new camera and inability to download Christmas pictures yet.

Kathryn said...

I'd like to add my seal of approval to these cookies. I'm enjoying them hot out of the oven right now. Thanks for sharing.