Friday, January 23, 2009

just another morning in downtown l.a.

this morning b and i were walking up the hill from the subway station laughing about something [i think i was telling him how i've started telling people i'm 25, even though i'm six months away from that...it just sounds more official and grown up. i always think i'm too young] and some homeless man started yelling:

"hey! hey you guys! is she your girlfriend? are you together? i'm a lonely man. is she your girlfriend?"

not that i'm really into picking up homeless guys, but thanks for the compliment (WAS that a compliment?).

then they were filming something on the corner right in front of our building complete with lights and a giant umbrella (yes, it's raining here again). no craft services table in sight, however, which is always my favorite thing to see. gotta love l.a.

10 comments:

Roxanne said...

I love your life...getting hit on by homeless people...we are such twins!

Jean said...

Haha!! Oh, homeless people. You say the darnedest things.

I love the food tables too (is that what you mean by craft services?). I passed a movie set in DC one time (that movie where Chris Rock is President), and I was so amused by the food table, and the fact that it had little boxes of raisins. Haha.

Angela and Mike said...

haha...I'm a lonely man!

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Hey, sounds like a fun day! I bet is is cool working in LA! Lots to see?? And don't feel funny saying you are already 25, I did it too and now that I am 30 that will surly change! I can't believe I am only just about 6 years older than you GOSH!

dana said...

hahahaha. awesome. all of it.

'Hel said...

lol maybe I should start saying I'M 25! at least people don't think you look 14!! yeah got that one the other day...

did I ever tell you I a bum in San Fran yelled at me for stealing his stuff? lol

Danny and Kristen Woodbury said...

Hey I loved the post about your Friday night workout! I absolutely LOVE seeing Danny in places you don't expect it! I'm even more excited to see him by accident than I am on purpose... maybe that's not good, oh well! :) Love the stories!

JoLee said...

I saw the camera crew too! I meant to ask you about that.

Rebecs said...

Lyndsey, I love reading your blog! My favorite bloggers are "DINK's". I love reading all the happenings of people's kids, but you forget how adventerous and thoughful the life and mind is of someone whose whole existance is not consumed by their children. Keep writing!

megan said...

why do you always want to be older??? you are crazy girl. I've spent the last 7 years wanting to stop aging. I'm 25 now and still dreading it. We are totally opposite in that way.