Monday, January 12, 2009

new google icon

happy monday.

so today i noticed the little icon next to the URL for google.com has changed. it's even different on my gmail.





what ARE those things called, anyway? the icon thing? some of my html-savvy blog friends made their own little pictures, i've noticed. i'm jealous but not brave enough to ask how it's done :)

regardless, just thought i'd share the news. not sure when this switched over but it's driving me CRAZY already. as someone who uses google for about 85% of my work day, i see a lot of their icon. and this one has already distracted me 46 times in the past 82 minutes.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

have you also heard of their new browswer called google chrome. It is nice but I am not sure I am a big fan. Check it out.

Nick Onken said...

favicons

becca said...

they're called favicons. i love them.

virginia said...

Haha, i was JUST noticing the new Google icon... don't really like it. The B on Blogger is a little different too.

Jean said...

Hmmm... most curious!! I am not savvy about things like this. But I use Google ALL the time, too. It's my homepage, haha.

dana said...

it's called a favicon. And I actually changed them for my blogs...you can do that too! It's not hard. Let me know if you want more info. Click on my MADE blog, and you should see a little "M" favicon next to the address.